Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of the best health supplements a person can incorporate into their diet. Made from organic apples, ACV keeps many of its healthy components because it does not go through the pasteurization process. Instead, two fermentation processes help it produce the enzymes and nutrients that make it the notorious superfood that it is.
A Few Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Potassium – Prevents brittle teeth, loss of hair and stuffy noses
- Pectin – Regulates blood pressure and can reduce cholesterol
- Calcium – Fortifies the bones and the teeth
- Ash – Helps the body to maintain the correct pH levels, promoting a healthy alkaline state
How Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Can Make You Feel Better
- Reduce heartburn by adding 1 tablespoon of raw ACV to 4 ounces of water and drinking it
- Improved regularity of bowel movements due to increased cleansing of the body
- Promotes healthy skin by smoothing out blemishes and clearing up acne
- It helps break down fats in the body, promoting their use, rather than their storage (a reason ACV is commonly in diet regiments)
How Should I Consume Raw Apple Cider Vinegar?
One of the best combinations when it comes to health and taste is raw ACV mixed with organic honey, preferably local honey. Not only is it a great drink to make when you need a boost of energy, but it provides great health benefits.
Remember to shake your solution well before pouring into a glass because the vinegar is likely to settle at the bottom between uses.
Using a large pitcher or container, mix in these ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 gallon of purified water
- Raw locally harvested honey or agave nectar to suit your taste
The local, organic honey will help alleviate symptoms of allergies in addition to the other natural benefits of the drink. Because raw ACV is so strong, it is recommended that you always dilute it with water using a 1 tablespoon to 32 ounces of water ratio.